I’m embarrassed to say how few books I read this year. The lowest number of books since I started tracking my book reading metrics. But it was a busy year at work. My favorite book for the last 3 months was The Starless Sea by the woman who wrote The Night Circus, both those books are imaginative and poetic with so much to say about love without falling into the romance category.
- After the Flood by Kassandra Montag
- The World Broke in Two: Virginia Woolf, T. S. Eliot, D. H. Lawrence, E. M. Forster and the Year That Changed Literature by Bill Goldstein
- Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk
- A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James
- Friday Night Lights: A Town, a Team, and a Dream by H.G. Bissinger
- The Night Tiger by Yangsze Choo
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
- The Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott
- Bottle Grove by Daniel Handler
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
- The Bone Ships (The Tide Child, #1) by R.J. Barker
- The Last Wild Men of Borneo: A True Story of Death and Treasure by Carl Hoffman
- Quichotte by Salman Rushdie
- The In-Betweens: The Spiritualists, Mediums, and Legends of Camp Etna by
I’m keeping my reviews and reading list here at Goodreads.com. Friend me there if you want to see what I’m reading now.